Friday, September 01, 2006

32 hours with no sleep...but I'm here...

Well it may have taken awhile but I finally got to my Granddads house in Hertford, England on Tuesday at about 630pm...wasn't tired at all :

Before I give the run down of how things have gone here just wanted to say thanks to everyone. My last weekend...well summer...in Vancouver has been awsome it couldn't have gone better had I planned it...which as we all know is not something I'm any good at...cept for vacations when it's a Rupie/Bruce/Blizzy colabo...Specifically though I really want to thank all of you who came on Saturday night to my going away party at Video Monster (Duran and Naomi you did a phenomenal job THANKS)...The party went without a hitch (cept for the jackass who thought it would be funny to walk accross the roof of the laser) I had a chance to talk to and say bye to everyone which was great and hopefully you all had a chance to meet some new peeps...Anyways just wanted to give you all a big thanks and let you know you are all more than welcome to come stay at my place in England anytime you want...unless you sold out and didnt come to the party...j/k

So far England has been pretty mellow, was pretty overwhelmed when I got here and realized how much different it is and how I barely know anyone or where anything is...But I've got my shit together now, went into town yesterday with the folks had a couple pints and set up my bank account...though not in that order...checked out the local grocery store Tesco...that place is crazy huge and to be honest most of the food is cheaper here...as well as most other things...so not really sure why everyone says it's so pricey...no wait I remember GAS IS TWICE THE PRICE!!!

Wow the cell phones are sick here (most have at least 2 or 3 mp camera, and you can have video phone calls which is kinda werid but whatevs)...gonna have one early next week or this weekend...not really sure why the phones in Van are so much older than here but whatever, when in Rome....oh yeah and while im talking about phones I'll have a pretty sweet set up once I have my computer from work...I'm gonna use skype and set up a number in Van and one in Vic so all of you can call me whenever you want and it is the same as a regular local call for you...as long as I'm on the comp I can talk...cause that is where my headset will be...also when I got my bank account set up they threw in a sim card for cheap LD calling...so just when you thought you got rid of me I'll be calling everyday...haha suckers

Anyways tonight I'm heading to my uncles for some dinner then to a local pub with my cousin for some drinks with her friends...should be interesting...but most likely take er easy cause I have to be up early to move into my new place in Reading on saturday...get to meet the new roomies or I guess flaties???

So yeah I'll probably post on here again next week...PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home