Sunday, September 17, 2006

ZEEE GERRRRRRRMANS


Aight so it's been a little while since the last post and I know you are all so very eager to hear about the trials and tribulations of Michael James Scutt!!! As you know from my last couple posts, I got to go to Germany last weds and thurs for work/fun...

Well it went pretty damn good, Frankfurt is a really nice city, even tho it is full of Germans (apparently if you are British you aren't supposed to like Germans, there were a couple big wars with them around the 30's or something, something about some guy named Adolf)...anyways the city was really cool, I got in around 3pm on Wednesday and left the hotel to tour the city around 4...Spent about 4 hours just walking around takin pics and enjoying the scene...it's really multicultural there as well, kinda reminded me a bit of van city...oh yeah they drive on the right side of the road there which was a nice change, I can't even count the number of times I've nearly been hit crossing the road England cause of the whole driving on the left thing...so yeah after my long walk had some dinner and headed back to the hotel to prep for Thursday’s training session with the good folks of Lufthansa airlines (ps they are a sweet airline to fly, leather seats, good service, runs on time...much respect...and I'm not just saying that cause they are one of our clients)...so got up bright and early the next day to grab some grub and head to the Lufthansa training center at Frankfurt airport...got there at 9 and met up with Pia the marketing head for Lufthansa and got set up to train to about 10 students...so I've never actually trained people before or been any kind of teacher, always been the last person you want to listen to or else the person giving the teacher a hard time...so this was a pretty big change of pace for me, and I now have a lot more respect for teachers...that shit is tough, you got a couple smart kids and few not so smart ones, and trying to keep everyone at the same place and at the same pace is pretty tough and very frustrating...but I made it through the day relatively smoothly and found out I get to do it all over again for one of our other clients in a few weeks...good lord what have I gotten myself into...oh yeah met a pretty cool guy who works in Sweden for Lufthansa and is a snowboarding instructor (or was) but rides in Switzerland all the time and I think I'm gonna head over there to meet up with him and show him how we do it in Canada...or at least how someone from Canada can do it poorly...but yeah from the training session caught my flight back to London and low and behold I ended up on the same flight sitting next to Pia the marketing head...ended up having a great chat with her and getting some good feedback for when I next have to train people, which is always good...anyways landed in London caught my bus home and crashed hard...

Woke up Friday with a cold so called in sick for work and chilled at the house all day...then went out with the roomies in the evening and proceeded to get very drunk and stagger (or cab...im not really sure cause i dont remember) home by myself...woke up around 1pm on sat watched some football and other bs on the tube then headed for a couple socials with the roommates and their buddies at some bar and came home around midnight...pretty chill night which was nice...Sunday got up and checked out a couple places to live, went for a run and chilled...that pretty much sums up my weekend, nothing too exciting at all cept I think I’ve found a place to live which will be a huge monkey off my back...

Oh yeah forgot to mention last week I went to vball on Monday night which was really fun...2 hours of training with drills and shit (haven’t done that since like high school, but it was a good workout) then an hour game...the people I played with were aight but nothing too competitive, however one of the guys there told me to come out on Thursdays to train and play with the div 1 or div 2 men’s team which will be really fun...it will be nice to play in a competitive men’s league instead of coed for once...not that there is anything wrong with playing with girls, just hate feeling bad when they catch a ball in the head (Perdo you of all people know what I’m talking about)...so yeah got some vball tonight which will be fun then, god help me, I’m playing football (soccer) with the roommates on a 5 a side league on Tuesdays...havnt played football in like a decade so this should be very fucking interesting...so yeah that is my life to date...hope you are all keeping real...talk to you soon...

Mr. Scutt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home