Thursday, January 25, 2007

Holland Wrap Up




Hallo,

So after a solid weekend of drinking relaxing with the "mates" in Reading I had to catch a flight back to...yup u guessed it, Holland for one last time...for now.

TIP: Don't fly with a hangover, it is not fun...at all

Got to my hotel late on Sunday night and have been either eating, working with our clients, getting lost in Zwolle or in my hotel room watching Nip Tuck or 24 (episode 4 really set the bar). Instead of boring you all with the details of being here I’m just gonna list what i like and don't like about Holland having now spent a good portion of the New year here:

Don't like:

- Not understanding Dutch (but I can kinda read the menus now)
- That I don't have a bike here like everyone else
- That everyone is taller than me (Dave keep your smart ass comments to urself)
- Figuring out train routes when you can't read Dutch
- Indoor snowboarding at a fitness club...come on!?!? are they serious?...it's a giant conveyor belt!

Like:

- Croquettes...Simply put... they are Tantalizing
- Amsterdam...Epic city
- Den Haag (The Hague) see previous post...but a very very nice city
- Schipol Airport...fast and efficient and no US customs agents
- Milk...all 400 types of it
- Cheese...same as above
- K I’ma stop listing specific food, it all Rules, I have yet to have a bad meal
- The Euro...cause British pounds squash it ;)
- Trains...for the most part the run on time
- Scheveningen...sic beach, gonna have to hit it up for some beach vball in the summer
- People...everyone speaks English and are really nice...or maybe they just dig the dimples
- Sorry I said I wouldn't mention food again...but the fries rule
- The Tea kits...everyone/restaurant brings out tea in the this little tackle box type kit for you to choose your tea bag from
- Wehkamp...they are our new clients so I gotta give them props (Netherlands biggest online retailer...way to go peeps)
- And last but no least...gotta lotta love for......DRIVING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD

I have one last night in Zwolle then I am flying back to London tomorrow night...quite possibly 5 pounds heavier...

Hope you are all having a great week!

PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home