Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Am I IRISH?????

So I assumed people would make mistakes about my accent while I was here...but IRISH?!?!?! come on, I might mumble a bit, but I didn't think it was that bad...to be fair I was in a bar, and the guy who asked looked like a psychotic bald garden knome who liked to eat hamsters, but still IRISH!!!

Other than that, oh and Pat nearly fighting some dude, my weekend was pretty chill...went out for a romantic dinner with Steve...um that sounded bad...to Pizza Express, probably my favourite restaurant in England (mostly cuase I have a bunch of free vouchures from work, and nothing tastes sweeeter than free food, just ask Paul Mooney)...Saturday layed around and made my way into London in the evening to meet Pat...somehow I ended up at Embankment in London and went for a nice little walk along the water, it is a really cool spot (see pics below)...then had some desert and wine at a wicked restaurant with Pat and his Fam...ps to those of you coming to visit England DO NOT tell people here that no playoffs in the premiership is LAME...learned that the hard way from Pat and his Dad...Pat and I then met some of his friends to watch a local band play...went to an after party at the bands house and hung out in a basement...reminiscent of grad 12 or something...though most of the people in the band were about 18 - 21 soooooo guess that made sense....after about 2 kilos of fish and chips back at Pats I passed out...

Sunday did some shopping with Steve on Oxford, Regeant, and Carnaby street...watched the football game in a pub...checked out covent garden and made my way home...

I amaze myself sometimes.. so for the train ride home I cheaped out and went for the student price for the rail ticket (saves about 4 pounds) then spent the rest of the 40 minute journey being paranoid I was gonna get busted...of course I didn't cause im THAT smooth...but still, I have real job, I'm not poor...so why on earth do I cheap out on these things...who knows, I guess I take after my Dad (how is the mini liquor bottle collection coming dad?)...anyways that was my weekend...check the pics below cause I got some pretty cool shots...

Cheerio...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home