Monday, October 16, 2006

T Rex, the Queen, Space Shuttles, and the Rosetta Stone

Aight people, I realize it's been a little while since I gave a post about what I've been up to, so without further adue here we gooooooooooo

Nothing too crazy happened last week, mostly just busy with work, vball, and shiiiiz...however I do have one entertaing story for ya from two weekends ago...before I embarass myself here it's important to note that the front doors of houses here in England lock as soon as you close them...with that little tid bit im sure you can guess what I'm about to tell ya...yes i locked myself out of my house...but don't worry cause my flatmates were both outa town for the weekend...bascially i couldn't get back into my house for 32 hours...thanks for letting me crash in your bed Mark (he picked up some bird at the bar and crashed at her place, before you go thinking me and him were cuddling in bed together)...but yeah would have been nice to have some contact lens solution, tooth, brush, etc...but lesson learned...oh yeah here are a couple pics of my room...


This past weekend was pretty cool, fairly chill but fun none the less...Friday nite went into London to chill with the legendary Pat Healey...got to Clapham Junction (where he lives) around 9pm and picked up some beers...Pat, Jo, and I just chilled at his place drinking beers and watching Team America...Puppet sex scene, gotta love it...Next day i got up nice and early (10am, come on it was Saturday) and decided to have a "London Tourist Day"...so with that in mind I headed off on a double decker to the Museum of Natural history...turns out not a lot has changed since I was last there, however Dinosaur bones are cool no matter how many times you see them...oh yeah got to watch a presentation by some scientist on the team who caught the first whole specimen of a giant squid, was pretty cool, well to me...I’m sure most of you would be unimpressed...after the history museum i headed to the science museum...again not a lot has changed but still pretty fun to check out...the formula one car and the jet engines are pretty sweet...so after the museums I decided I needed some of that fresh downtown London air...well maybe not fresh...but air none the less...so I made way over to Buckingham palace and walked through St. James Park, up through Leicester Square...grabs some Mcdicks...then made my way to the British Museum...WOW I was impressed with two things as soon as i got there...1: the building itself is amazing and the artifacts are really incredible (Rosetta stone, sphinx's chin, pieces of the Parthenon, etc) 2: What a bunch of bloody thieves my ancestors are, I think the British have managed to steal about half of the acropolis and a significant portion of Egypt...god bless colonization...so yeah finished checking out the museum and then headed off to Arsenal to meet up with Pat and a couple buddies from well earned beer...just took it easy drinking beers with the fellas for awhile then decided it was time to make the 1.5 hour trek back home around midnight... Sunday was nice and relaxing, got up around noon, made a kick ass little breakfast (I am the Egg master, challenge me to a cook off I DARE YOU)...then headed to the gym to watch some vball...vball was pretty good, looking forward to playing in some matches...after headed over to Mark, Dave, and Paul’s place to watch some footy and the Shield...so yeah pretty chill weekend... This week will be pretty interesting, just signed on a new client a work so have a ton of work to do to get them all set up with us by Nov 1st...fortunately i have vball tonight and Thursday night...so can take out any frustrations there...Oh yeah got my web cam today...so if ya want to have a creepy conversation with me:

HOLLA ATCHA BOI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home